Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel this year’s Indian Summer Regatta scheduled for October 13-14, 2018. After an assessment of the sailing club we do not feel that we can safely host an event nor can we feel confident putting sailors on the water. There is still a concern of submerged debris, and the club is in need of repairs that will likely exceed the time period we have remaining. In addition, many of our members were severely impacted by this storm.
We were able to get quite a bit accomplished on a short-notice workday over the weekend, but the fact of the matter is that there is still much to be done. Hurricane Florence was a very significant event for the Lake Waccamaw community and surrounding areas, but we will recover and continue to be the hub of sailing activity on the lake. The club racing series has consequently ended for the 2018 calendar, but our annual Oyster Roast and Shareholder’s Meeting will remain as scheduled until further notice.
In lieu of hosting a regatta, we plan to make that Saturday an additional workday for members that are available. Details will be provided ASAP.
Our thoughts continue to be with those of you that are recovering from this storm. Please contact the club if you need anything, to include a wellness check on your boat.
Our Indian Summer Regatta is October 13-14th. This is our 45th annual open-invitational regatta and we are expecting a great turnout. All classes are welcome!
Please come out and join us for some great racing, a delicious BBQ and Fried Chicken Sat. night dinner with all the fixin’s, and general sailor-talk around the club. It’s going to be a blast!
Even if you aren’t racing, we encourage members and guests to join us for Saturday’s dinner. Dinner tickets are available for $15 each for a good ole’ Southern feast. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Tell your friends and let’s make this one for the books!!!
The NOR and Registration form are available. Registration opens July 31st, 2018. Online registration will be available, or forms/payment may be sent by mail. Please pre-register before October 1st, if possible. This will ensure that we have correct quantities of t-shirts, food, and awards.
If you would like to volunteer, please contact us… we can use your help!
Please contact the club if you have any questions.
Sign up online today!
Howdy fellow club members!
I truly hope that everyone has made it safely through Hurricane Florence, and that recovery will be as swift as possible for each of you.
We will be postponing the September Summer Series Club Racing originally scheduled for this Saturday. No future date has been scheduled at this time, and we will assess conditions as time allows to schedule another makeup race.