Hello !

Indian Summer Regatta Canceled

Members,

Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel this year’s Indian Summer Regatta scheduled for October 13-14, 2018. After an assessment of the sailing club we do not feel that we can safely host an event nor can we feel confident putting sailors on the water. There is still a concern of submerged debris, and the club is in need of repairs that will likely exceed the time period we have remaining. In addition, many of our members were severely impacted by this storm.

We were able to get quite a bit accomplished on a short-notice workday over the weekend, but the fact of the matter is that there is still much to be done. Hurricane Florence was a very significant event for the Lake Waccamaw community and surrounding areas, but we will recover and continue to be the hub of sailing activity on the lake. The club racing series has consequently ended for the 2018 calendar, but our annual Oyster Roast and Shareholder’s Meeting will remain as scheduled until further notice.

In lieu of hosting a regatta, we plan to make that Saturday an additional workday for members that are available. Details will be provided ASAP.

Our thoughts continue to be with those of you that are recovering from this storm. Please contact the club if you need anything, to include a wellness check on your boat.

Sincerely,

James Autry
Vice Commodore